2015 PDA Annual Meeting includes a track dedicated to manufacturing performance
BETHESDA, Md., January 22, 2015 – The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) today announced the launch of its new Manufacturing Science ProgramSM: Enabling Pharmaceutical Manufacturing's Future.
The Manufacturing Science ProgramSM will fulfill the following goals:
- Highlight the ongoing focus PDA has on pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Strengthen and build practical solutions by filling known gaps in current manufacturing science as well as gaps that will become apparent based on ongoing developments and analyses.
- Identify and encourage use of new manufacturing technology and methods.
- Provide Portfolio Analysis and Management of these activities across PDA.
"PDA is based in science with a long tradition of providing the science needed to advance our industry and benefit the public health," said PDA President Richard Johnson. "While we have always been active in manufacturing science, we want to focus more attention on our contributions. The upcoming 2015 PDA Annual Meeting has an entire track dedicated to improving manufacturing performance, in line with this Manufacturing Science Program."
A steering committee will oversee the Manufacturing Science ProgramSM. It will consist of a representative of PDA's volunteer Board of Directors, up to five other selected volunteers, and members of PDA's professional staff.
The deliverables for the Manufacturing Science ProgramSM are:
- Catalogue of all manufacturing-related PDA activities
- Heightened internal and external awareness of these activities
- Identification/prioritization gaps where additional activities are needed
- Recommendations to the PDA Board of Directors, Advisory Boards, and staff for new projects based on gap/needs assessment
- Steering committee oversight of projects to identify slow moving projects, projects requiring additional attention, and projects that may no longer be needed or have a low priority
- Periodical reports on the progress to the Board of Directors and PDA President
About the 2015 PDA Annual Meeting
The 2015 PDA Annual Meeting is the most important conference to attend, to gain the newest and most comprehensive information about traditional and Biopharmaceutical science, manufacturing technology, quality and evolving regulations. It is the only event which creates a view into the future, preparing participants and companies for the actions they will need to take today to prepare for the changes that are already underway.
The three main tracks of the meeting "Improving Manufacturing Performance", "Changing Regulatory Landscape", and "Technology, Advances and Expectations" will address many of the current challenges our industry faces. The program is designed to offer Science, innovation and technology information in a compressed format that allows participants to select the areas that are of most importance to them. Such information concentration cannot be found in any other one event.
Experts will speak on manufacturing human error prevention, lean six sigma, process validation, manufacturing control strategies, quality metrics, track and trace, supply chain, drug shortage and global regulatory submission planning along with many other important topics. The conference will also include plenary talks on new and novel technologies, the future of manufacturing, cell therapy, the cost of poor quality, changing financial drivers, and more. www.pdaannualmeeting.org
Members of the press are encouraged to go to PDA's events. Go to http://www.pda.org/footer/about-pda to learn more and for an online Press Pass Request form.