To provide focus, structure, scientific leadership, consistency and direction to PDA activities, conferences, courses and publications.
In addition Interest Group Leaders will:
- Lead PDA Interest Group meetings at least once a year at a major PDA conference and maintain a formal schedule of additional meetings.
- Work with the Section Leader to provide topics and if requested to support interest group focused conferences.
- Create an agenda prior to each interest group meeting including establishing and reporting on action items.
- Obtain speakers and or moderators for the Interest Group meeting when necessary.
- Provide an Interest Group meeting summary and an update of PDA activities related to the Interest Group or Section for the website.
- Communicate with the IGSC and other PDA Interest Group Leaders about various mechanisms to improve the operations of PDA Interest Groups.
- Facilitate selection of relevant topics and goals for the Interest group.
- Recommend topics and topic experts for SAB, BioAB, PAB, EAB, TRIAB or RAQC driven tasks.
- Establish working plans for achieving goals determined by the PDA Interest Group.
- Interface with conference Program Planning Committees and fully participate in the decisions and actions of these committees to assure that the Interest Group topics are realized in conference programs.