For the past decade, science and industry had an urgent need to respond to outbreaks and pandemics of H1N1 Influenza, Ebola, MERS, Zika and now SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19). Vaccines are the ultimate response to emerging diseases, but they typically take several years to develop and manufacturing large amounts of doses in an emergency is a major challenge. While lessons learned from past outbreaks and pandemics have made it possible to implement innovative changes in vaccine manufacturing and improve the response to a surge in vaccines, the current COVID-19 pandemic exposes remaining manufacturing and capacity issues. How can we rethink vaccine manufacturing to make it more efficient and faster? What are the manufacturing and plant design considerations when handling different vaccines in the same facility?
This webinar outlines some key considerations and perspectives on manufacturing evolution and in particular on facility and process design to change the vaccine manufacturing paradigm and improve our response to pandemics and global health challenges.
Topics will include:
• Overview of vaccine industry & vaccine types
• Challenges with pandemics and outbreaks
• Evolution of vaccine manufacturing in the last decade
• Perspectives on how vaccine production needs to be improved to better respond to emergencies
• Facility design considerations to handle multiple vaccines and to increase flexibility
We look forward to seeing you online!