PDA’s flagship Annual Meeting provides a venue for obtaining the latest and most comprehensive information on a broad range of topics related to processing, manufacturing and quality control. More importantly, the Annual Meeting is the ideal forum for sharing best practices and learnings on how the industry applies novel approaches for the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products. The trend continues with the 2018 PDA Annual Meeting.
The theme of the 2018 meeting is Agile Manufacturing Strategies: Driving Change to Meet Evolving Needs. In selecting this theme, the planning committee’s goal is to design a comprehensive event that encompasses the wide-ranging interests of all PDA members. We will cover relevant information important to both small molecule pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries will be covered.
Plenary sessions focus on patient perspective and future visions, genomic profiling and even a new topic – Disruptive Technologies. Additional plenary sessions further explore current and future trends in process development and manufacturing including next generation processing and facilities, the application of big data for process design and optimization, and accelerating the industry response to healthcare needs. Concurrent session tracks were selected to support the conference theme and offer participants a closer look at continuous processing, patient centricity, disruptive technologies and complexities in the product value chain.
Rounding out the program are Interest Group sessions, which offer participants a chance to engage in interactive discussions on a variety of important topics and specific disciplines. The exhibition hall provides opportunities for one-on-one interactions with service providers and vendors who will showcase the latest services and technologies. Authors of numerous poster presentations will also be present to discuss their latest research and data. Social events and breaks are scheduled throughout the meeting to allow time for further networking and peer-to-peer discussions.
This meeting is a ‘must attend’ knowledge sharing event for everyone and especially for those who have recently joined the industry, it is an ideal opportunity to accelerate your impact and position in your company as well as in the pharmaceutical society. Don’t waste time to organize your attendance at the 2018 PDA Annual Meeting.
At the completion of this event, attendees will be able to:
- Define manufacturing and quality requirements for immunotherapies, gene and cell therapy products
- Understand requirements for a patient centric supply strategy
- Apply continuous manufacturing applications and flexible facility designs of the future
- Identify new trends and potential disruptive development in the health care sector
- Demonstrate the value of applying Big data when designing and optimizing manufacturing processes
- Define strategies to accelerate new products introductions
- Interpret the latest trends in microbiological and adventitious agent control strategies
- Identify advanced analytical approaches that can be applied for quality control and real time release
- Explore delivery system design and manufacturing logistics for patient-centered therapies and precision medicine
- Harvest (or benefit or take advantage of) best practices for identifying and applying new technologies
Who Should Attend
Scientist | Executive and Mid-Level Management | Project Management | Technical Services | Supply Chain | Manufacturing Application | Risk Management
Manufacturing | Product Development | Quality | Research & Development | Regulatory Affairs | Engineering | Laboratory Science | Information Technology | Validation | Training
Assistant Director, Programs
(301) 656-5900 ext. 131
Registration & Customer Care
(301) 656-5900 ext. 115
Vice President, Sales
Tel: +1 (301) 656-5900 ext. 160