Welcome back and I hope you all had a great start to 2019. I can’t believe its six months since our first newsletter.
It was a very busy and successful finish to 2018 for the chapter hosting three great events;
- The first was ‘ Aseptic Processing with a focus on Media Fill Simulations’ – case studies & discussion” on 04th October in the Clayton Hotel, Dublin Airport. This event was booked to capacity and certainly didn’t disappoint. It had a great diversity of speakers providing excellent perspectives from within and beyond our industry in the form of Tony Gallagher who shared his perspective on training and assessing competency of surgeons – I still haven’t got the list of which surgeons passed his assessments!!
- Then there was our “Rise of outsourcing in the Pharma Industry & managing change activities” on 22nd November in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown, Dublin. This event was combined with our AGM and included a number of break-out sessions which facilitated great sharing, networking and discussion as did the music and drinks reception afterwards.
- The third event was our Quality Culture Young Professionals event hosted by Sanofi in Waterford. Key note speaker for this event was Dr Katrin Winkler who gave an excellent presentation on “How Culture and Behaviour drive an organisation”. Two of our YP members (the two Shanes!!) facilitated discussions sharing their career experiences and benefits of membership.
Planning is well underway for 2019 with three events in the works in the first half of the year (do visit our chapter page at https://www.pda.org/chapters/europe/ireland or our LinkedIn page for further details).
These events have been selected based on your feedback at the AGM in November.
- The first event EU GMP Annex 1 will be held on 3rd May in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blanchardstown, Dublin. Annex 1 continues to be a key topic of discussion for our industry and the presentations/ discussion topics in this event are centred around responses from a questionnaire circulated to you; our members earlier this year. Ciara Turley from the HPRA will be a keynote speaker at this event.
- The second is “Implementation strategies for QRM” in the Radisson in Little Island, Cork. Kevin O’Donnell from the HPRA is our keynote speaker and a number of industry speakers will be sharing their implementation experiences followed by a panel discussion.
- Following on the success of the Sanofi YP event, a similar event is planned in MSD Carlow in May.
Our communication & marketing workstream driven by Elizabeth continues to exceed our expectations. This has led to continued engagement by sponsors allowing us to further invest and improve our events with a number of new sponsors coming on-board for 2019. Additionally, we have seen very significant growth in our LinkedIn and Twitter presence.
None of the above would be possible without our dedicated committee/ event organising teams who continue to raise the bar to ensure we meet the expectations of our members, attendees and sponsors.
Finally, a very sincere thanks to you; the members of our Irish chapter who continue to contribute to our success and provide us with feedback to ensure we continue to strive to meet and exceed your expectations,
Le chéile tá muid níos láidre (Together we are stronger),
President Irish Chapter
Thank you to our 2019 Chapter Sponsors