Qualification: Current member of PDA, active member in local chapter at least two (2) years preceding election, serve two (2) years as President-Elect.
Term: Two years
Overall Responsibilities: The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Chapter, and, subject to the control of the Chapter Board, shall have general supervision, direction and control and of the business affairs of the Chapter and shall have other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Chapter Board, which shall not contradict the Chapter Bylaws, the Chapter Charter, the PDA Bylaws, and any amendments thereto, or the principles, policies, practices and guidelines issued by PDA.
- The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Chapter
- Represents PDA and the Chapter locally.
- Executes local chapter bylaws and polices and the mission of PDA.
- The President shall serve as the Chapter liaison to PDA and shall be the point of communication between the Chapter and PDA.
- Attends or provides appropriate representation to all Chapter Council Meetings. It is highly recommended that the President attends the face to face meeting with the Chapter Council each year.
- Presides over all meetings of the chapter (including board meetings, general business, and membership meetings)
- May call special meetings of the organization as outlined in the chapter bylaws
- Submits (or delegates to other chapter officer) all reports to PDA on time
- Meets all required PDA timetables
- Assists Chapter Secretary in creating agendas prior to any business meeting
- Appoints all chapter committee chairs
- Creates and appoints special committees and task forces
- Terminates committees when their function is complete
- Accepts and reviews all reports completed by special committees and task forces
- Serves as advisor to all committees and officers
- Maintains communication with the Global PDA as outlined in bylaws, policies, and procedures
- Write an inaugural letter to the membership of the chapter at the beginning of the term of office
- Remains impartial at all times in all business meetings
- Submit expense request to chapter treasurer before spending chapter funds
- Identify pertinent issues to be considered by the chapter board
- Upholds and monitors decisions
- Contributes to Chapter newsletter (if applicable) President’s letter:
a. Contains information discussed at previous meetings
b. Highlights correspondence from national association
c. Mailed to the general membership at least once during the term of office
- Review monthly membership lists
- Contact and welcome new members to the chapter
- Contact potential new members
- Send to Global PDA any corrections or updates to any and all membership lists
- Sign corporate documents and instruments of the Chapter as necessary