Sale - 20% off!
Original Price US$225 PDA Member, US$279 Nonmember, US$180 Government
Sale prices are already displayed and will be reflected during checkout
Since the advent of the Parenteral Drug Association's technical report on the validation of moist heat sterilization processes (PDA, 2007), it has been recognized that both the physical and the biological characteristics of a cycle should be included in the validation.
While some concepts of microbial lethality and microbial validation are presented in this book, the focus of the book is the physical validation. Since the main physical parameter being evaluated is temperature, this is also known as thermal validation.
The various authors cited in this book have a wealth of practical experience in thermal validation of moist heat sterilization processes that has been incorporated into their writing.
This book is an essential guide and reference for managers, supervisors and all others concerned with preparing validation plans acceptable to regulators worldwide.
Parenteral Drug Association (2007) PDA Technical Report 1, Revised 2007, (TR 1) Validation of Moist Heat Sterilization Processes Cycle Design, Development, Qualification and Ongoing Control. PDA: Bethesda.
Book written in July, 2011.
Available to download. Prior to purchase please view the download instructions and Terms of Usage.
Format: PDF (1 file 8.59
Hardcover is not available.
Table of Contents:
Click here to download >>>Detailed Table of Contents
- Thermal Validation and Why it is Important by Jeanne Moldenhauer
- Steam Sterilization Process Validation by James Agalloco
- Regulatory Expectations for Thermal Validation — USA by Jeanne
- European Expectations for Thermal Validation by Roland Marie Frederic
- The EMEA`s Decision Tree for Selection of Sterilisation Methods by
- Importance of Accurate Measurements in Thermal Validation Studies by
- Performance of Thermal Validation Studies by Kevin Trupp
- Practical Aspects of Thermal Validation for Moist Heat Sterilization by
Angela S. Coon and Michael J. Sadowski
- Analysis of Heating and Cooling Data by Dr. Irving Pflug
About the Editor
Jeanne Moldenhauer, Excellent Pharma Consulting, has nearly 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. She chairs the PDA Environmental Monitoring/Microbiology Interest Group, serves on the PDA
Scientific Advisory Board, founded the Rapid Microbiology User`s Group™, and is
a member of ASQ and RAPS. She is the author of Recent Warning Letters Review for Preparation of a Non-Sterile Processing Inspection, Volume 2; Recent Warning Letters Review for Preparation of an Aseptic Processing Inspection and the Editor of Environmental Monitoring Volumes I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII; Steam Sterilization: A Practitioner`s Guide; Laboratory Validation: A Practitioner`s Guide; and Systems Based Inspections for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers among numerous other recent publications.