Bethesda, Md. – The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) today announced the results of the 2020 Board of Directors Election for the term beginning January 1, 2021. Members chose from a slate of candidates to fill three director positions, as the composition of the 2021 Executive Committee was determined in the 2019 BoD election.
The 2021 Board of Directors and Executive Committee is the most diverse in PDA’s 70-year history, and features the only all-female team of Officers in the industry (winners of the 2020 election indicated in parentheses):
- Chair: Jette Christensen, Novo Nordisk
- Chair-Elect: Susan Schniepp, RCA
- Treasurer: Melissa Seymour, Biogen
- Secretary: Emma Ramnarine, Genentech/Roche
- Imm. Past Chair: Rebecca Devine, Regulatory Consultant
- Barbara Allen, Eli Lilly and Company
- Michael Blackton, Adaptimmune
- Bettine Boltres, West Pharmaceutical Services (reelected)
- Tia Bush, Amgen
- Javier Camposano, Celltrion (appointed)
- Ghada Haddad, Merck & Co.
- Joyce Hansen, Johnson & Johnson
- Stephan Krause, AstraZeneca Biologics
- Mary Oates, Pfizer (reelected)
- Mathias Romacker, Pfizer (ret.)
- Anil Sawant, Merck & Co.
- Osamu Shirokizawa, Lifescientia (elected)
“I want congratulate the new officers and directors and thank the many members who took the time to vote.” said Richard Johnson, PDA President & CEO. “The diversity of our all-volunteer board of directors helps PDA continue to meet the needs of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical professions around the globe. I also want to thank the other candidates for their commitment to PDA.”
PDA thanks outgoing directors Masahiro Akimoto, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc. and Stephan Roenninger, Amgen who will end their term at the end of 2020.