Bethesda, Md., July 24, 2014 – The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) announced today that 31 of its Training and Research Institute (TRI) courses are now listed with the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) under a Federal Supply Schedule contract.
The 31 courses will be included on the GSA Advantage, GSA’s online shopping and ordering system https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/advantage/main/start_page.do). This will improve the visibility of these PDA TRI courses to federal officials and make it easier for them to participate. Over the years, PDA TRI has conducted numerous training courses specifically designed for officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. In addition, FDA officials have participated in TRI’s regular course offerings.
“By adding 31 courses to the GSA Federal Supply Schedule, employees of the U.S. Federal Government will have an easier time participating in the unique, world class training courses in the PDA TRI facilities and lecture courses,” says PDA President Richard Johnson.
The courses are listed under Special Item Numbers (SINs) 874-4: Training Services. They are:
- An Introduction to the Advanced Molecular Methods for Virus Detection
- An Introduction to Visual Inspection
- Aseptic Processing for Senior Management
- Aseptic Processing Training Program
- Biosimilars - Understanding the Challenges of Meeting 'Similarity'
- CMC Regulatory Requirements in Drug Applications
- Evaluation, Validation and Implementation of Alternative and Rapid Microbiological Testing Methods
- Filters and Filtration in the Biopharmaceutical Industry – Basics Course
- Filters and Filtration in the Biopharmaceutical Industry – Basics Course and Advanced Course
- Filters and Filtration in the
Biopharmaceutical Industry – Advanced Course
- Fundamentals of an Environmental Monitoring Program
- Fundamentals of Aseptic Processing
- Fundamentals of Cleaning and Disinfectant Programs for Aseptic Manufacturing Facilities
- Fundamentals of Lyophilization
- Fundamentals of Lyophilization and Validation of Lyophilization
- GMPs for Manufacturers of Sterile and/or Biotechnology Products
- Implementation of Quality Risk Management for Commercial Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing Operations
- Implementing Quality Risk Management for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing Operations: Case Studies in the Manufacturing of Biotechnological Bulk Drug Substances
- Implementing Quality Risk Management for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing Operations: Case Studies in the Packaging and Labeling of Drug Products
- Implementing Quality Risk Management for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing Operations: Case Studies in the Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical Drug Products
- Investigating Microbial Data Deviations
- Microbiological Quality of Raw Materials and Components
- Microbiological Risk Assessment of a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Process
- Preparation of Virus Spikes Used for Virus Clearance Studies and Virus Filtration
- Quality Systems for Aseptic Processing
- Risk-Based Qualification of Sterile Drug Product Manufacturing Systems
- Single-Use Systems for the Manufacturing of Parenteral Products
- Validation of Biotechnology-related Cleaning Processes
- Validation of Dry Heat Processes Used for Depryogenation And Sterilization
- Validation of Lyophilization
- Virus Contamination in Biomanufacuring: Risk Mitigation, Preparedness and Response
About PDA Training and Research Institute
PDA Training and Research Institute (TRI) has established itself as the leading global provider of education, training and applied research opportunities in pharmaceutical sciences and associated technologies. TRI offers courses for professionals involved in developing and manufacturing quality pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products, targeting individuals employed in industry, government and academia worldwide. Located in Bethesda, Maryland, TRI is a unique, modern training facility. It features an aseptic processing suite including a fill room, gowning room, component prep lab, and a clean staging area. A microbiology lab, a biotechnology lab, a Clean-In-Place lab, and classrooms are also utilized in its laboratory training courses.