Our chapter was formed in 1988, and represents PDA members from the 6 New England states: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, and Connecticut. We generally hold our meetings in the greater Boston-Cambridge area. Meetings are usually held the second Wednesday of the month, alternating between Technical Dinner Meetings (odd months) and Chapter Board/ Planning Committee meetings (even months), except that we do not meet in July. All Members are invited to both Technical Dinner meetings and Planning Committee meetings. Each dinner meeting has sponsors that help defray the cost of the meetings. In return for sponsoring an event, companies gain exposure to our membership by prominent recognition in meeting announcements, and at exhibit tables during the registration / networking period of the meeting. See our sponsorship policy for full details.
Our dinner meetings have the following general schedule:
- 5:30-6:30 pm: Registration / networking and social hour with discussions at sponsor exhibits
- 6:30-6:45 pm: Dinner service
- 6:45-7:00 pm: Opening remarks
- 7:00-8:45 pm: Technical presentations
- 8:45-9:00 pm: Questions, final visit to the sponsor booths
When possible, we will also include a tour of a local facility. This takes place before the main meeting, generally around 3:30-5:30 pm. We also offer reduced prices for retired / unemployed members and full-time college students. See pricing details at the upcoming events link.
For 2016 our chapter goals are:
- Host 5 successful dinner meetings.
- Include an FDA speaker for at least 1 dinner meeting.
- Jointly host at least 1 dinner meeting with like-minded partner organization(s).
- Create a student chapter short video of interviews regarding “Why I am part of PDA” to promote membership & involvement.
- Host at least 2 social meetings (including summer cruise).
- Recruit 3 new Meeting Manager volunteers to assist with events.
- Award at least $8,000 of scholarships to students.
- Review and update chapter policies to reflect current practices.
The PDA New England Chapter has a series of policies published at our resources link. These cover sponsorship, privacy, speaker and event fees. These have been established so that we can best serve our members and sponsors.
According to our chapter By-Laws our chapter board consists of the President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary and at least two Members-At-Large. The membership of the chapter will elect the President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary, and Members-At-Large for a period of 2 years.
The President-Elect will assume the position of President at the end of the two years term of the outgoing President. Historically, the outgoing President has been elected to the position of Member-At-Large. This system allows for a continuity of leadership and systematic rotation.