Bethesda, Md. – The Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) today announced the results of its Board of Directors Election for the term beginning January 1, 2020. Each year, PDA’s global membership votes to select new directors for the nonprofit Association’s all volunteer Board of Directors, and the Board appoints one Director. In odd years, the membership elects new volunteer officers, who serve two-year terms (except for the chair elect, who serves for six years as chair-elect, chair, and, finally, as immediate-past-chair).
This year, the following, well-qualified individuals were elected as officers:
- Chair-Elect .... Susan Schniepp, RCA
- Treasurer .... Glenn Wright, Exelead Biopharma
- Secretary .... Melissa Seymour, Biogen, Inc.
The three, long-time PDA volunteers join the Board’s Executive Committee led by Jette Christensen (Novo Nordisk) as the 2020-2021 Chair, and Rebecca Devine (consultant) as the 2020-2021 Immediate-Past-Chair.
The 2020 Directors are (* indicates elected or selected for the 2020 term):
- Masahiro Akimoto, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc.
- Barbara Allen, Eli Lilly and Company*
- Michael Blackton, Adaptimmune
- Bettine Boltres, West Pharmaceutical Services
- Tia Bush, Amgen*
- Ghada Haddad, Merck & Co.*
- Joyce Hansen, Johnson & Johnson*
- Stephan Krause, AstraZeneca Biologics
- Mary Oates, Pfizer
- Emma Ramnarine, Genentech/Roche
- Mathias Romacker, Pfizer (ret.)*
- Anil Sawant, Merck & Co.
"I want congratulate the new officers and directors and thank the many members who took the time to vote." said Richard Johnson, PDA President & CEO. "The diversity of our all-volunteer board of directors helps PDA continue to meet the needs of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical professions around the globe."
PDA thanks outgoing officers and directors: Martin Van Trieste, Mike Sadowski, Joyce Bloomfield, Veronique Davoust and Steven Lynn.